Monday, May 13, 2013

My mom's my hero

So let me start out by telling you this first before i go into why my mom is my hero.



in 2005 my little sister, amber, was diagnosed with ovarian cancer stage 2 at age 5. that's not supposed to happen, you know? like for god's sake she's only 5!! well that was really hard on my family and mostly hard on me, cuz she was my only sister and she was my younger sister that meant everything to me. well amber had to have chemo-therapy for 6 months. let me tell you that is the worst thing that a 9 year old can watch, her sister slowly dying. that's what i had to watch. but there were many people who were there for us and who gave us alot of support. so after 6 months amber stopped chemo-therapy and just went for check-ups every month.



then a few months later my family and i found out that i had a horse shoe kidney stuck in my pelvic area. a horse shoe kidney is when you're in your momma and you're developing, your kidneys form together and stay in your lower back area. well for some reason mine went to my pelvic, which is your lower tummy area. the doctors told me that if i got hit in the stomach it would smash my kidney and kill me. they said no contact sports, so my only option that i liked was volleyball.



then about a year and a half later my mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer stage 1. she got a full hysterectamy(sp?) but it's the procedure well you can't have anymore kids. well my mom was still very supportive of me and amber through whatever we wanted to do. she went to every one of my games even when she wasn't feeling well. but slowly everything started to get better and we were a big happy family.



that all happened when i was 9 and 10.



now i'm 16 and things are starting to go downhill again. my mom had to be rushed to the hospital because of pain. for almost a year the doctors have been telling us that the pain was just from kidney stones. so we were all like, well okay just cut down on the pop. well the doctors went ahead and put a stint in to get the kidney stones out.



then about a month later she was on the floor in pain and crying, it was heartbreaking to see my mom crying and screaming. my dad once again rushed her to the e.r. the doctors said that the stint had kinked and that they were going to take it out. so they did.



everything was good until the day of march 24th, 2011 which is my mom's bday. my dad had to take her to the hospital again cuz she was throwing up and in pain. the doctors said it was kidney stones again. but then they did a couple ct scans and they found that she had 2 masses on her bladder and on an ovary that somehow grew back. today is march 26th and my dad called me at school to tell me that it's cancer and that a cancer doctor is going to talk to her. so today we are going to go see her and find out the news.



it feels good to be able to tell someone about my story. i just don't know what to do anymore. i'm scared.    

No comments:

Post a Comment